Thank you for your interest in enrolling at St. Mary's School. Today, parents have many options and we are glad that you are considering our school. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call. We look forward to welcoming you to the St. Mary's family! Please stop by our office to pick up an APPLICATION PACKET today.
The mission of Saint Mary Catholic Community School is to provide a quality Catholic education. We are committed to making this type of education available to as many children as possible.
LIL’ WILDCAT PRESCHOOL APPLICATION:
St. Mary Catholic Community School offers a half-day Lil’ Wildcat Preschool Program. All students seeking entry must have reached the age of three or four by August 1. Three year-olds have the option of a 2-Day PM program or a 3-Day PM program. Four year-olds have a 5-Day program (AM or PM).
St. Mary Catholic Community School offers a Full-Day Kindergarten Program. All students seeking entry must have reached the age of five by August 1. A birth certificate and baptismal certificate must be presented at the time of application. A physical examination form as well as documentation of state mandated immunizations must be completed by the family doctor and turned in to the school office. A readiness test will be given to all new students entering kindergarten.
GRADES ONE THROUGH EIGHT APPLICATIONS:
- All new students who apply for grades One (1) through Eight (8) must submit the following material for consideration:
- Copy of the most recent Report Card.
- Copy of the most recent Standardized Test Scores.
- Readiness tests will also be administered to transfer students entering first grade or other grades as determined necessary by the administration.
- If space is available in the grades that the children are entering and the school is able to help the children academically, the children will be accepted into Saint Mary Catholic Community School.
- If space is not available in the grades that the children are entering, the student will be placed on a waiting list. We cannot guarantee that the students on the waiting lists will be enrolled at Saint Mary Catholic Community School during the year of application or the following years.
- Junior High students and parents must attend a meeting with the Principal prior to acceptance at Saint Mary Catholic Community School to discuss the reasons for the change in school environments and to become familiar with Saint Mary Catholic Community School and its rules and policies.
The following will be used to determine admission to St. Mary’s School by order of preference listed below:
- All new Catholic applicants who are contributing members to St. Mary’s Parish.
- All new Catholic applicants who are contributing members to their respective parishes.
- Other Catholic and Non-Catholic applicants.
CURRENTLY ENROLLED AT SAINT MARY CATHOLIC COMMUNITY SCHOOL:
Registration packets will be distributed in January. Complete Registrations must include the following:
- Completed Intent to Return Form with all children who wish to be enrolled for the following year.
- Parish Subsidy Form must be complete and sealed by the Pastor of the parish.
- Enrollment Agreement.
- $40.00 non-refundable registration fee which is not applied to the tuition or book bill.
All Registration packets must be returned by the date stipulated by the school, or class places may be offered to new families.
SIBLINGS OF STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED:
- Families where the siblings are entering preschool through grade 8 must include the sibling on the Family Intent to Return form.
It is not uncommon for our classes to be closed and to have a waiting list for some of the grade levels. We believe that this is due to a number of factors which include the quality of education offered at Saint Mary Catholic Community School, the community feel of the faculty, the students, and the parents and the increase in the population of the area that we serve. Saint Mary Catholic Community School serves families from the following parishes: Saint Mary, Saint Matthias, Holy Spirit, Saint Elizabeth Seton, Our Lady of Consolation, Saint Joan of Arc, Holy Name, Saint Helen, Stephen, Martyr, Ss. Peter and Paul, St. Bridget, Assumption of the BVM and Saint Edward.
Saint Mary Catholic Community School welcomes students who wish to apply for admission regardless of race, religion, disability, sex or national origin.